Hi,

> Many of the administrative boundaries in my area follow roads (or vice
> versa).  (E.g. http://osm.org/go/Zcll6ubE?layers=B000TTF )  It seems
> like the TIGER import has a separate list of nodes for the two ways
> (one administrative and one road), but the nodes are at identical
> locations.  This makes Maplint and Potlatch complain about duplicated
> nodes, making it hard to distinguish real map lint from this type.
Is the administrative boundary REALLY along the center line of the road?
That would imply that one lane of the road is in on administrative area
and the lane in the opposite direction belong to another administrative
area. If that is really the case it sounds like a legal and
administrative nightmare if the centerline ever needs to be repainted. *g*

If however all of the road and the land on one side of the road belong
to one administrative area and all the land on the other side to the
next administrative area, then the boundary should be shifted by the
width of the lane. (Which would conveniently remove the duplicate nodes).

Patrick "Petschge" Kilian