Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> Did you read the website? Here's what it says: "Adhere to the Google
> Maps terms and conditions and don't trace data into Open Street
> Map..".

The context is important.

Website content:
> It's been a year since I've done anything with Google WMS, but I still
> get so much hate-mail about this service.. Here's what they want me to
> say.. "Adhere to the Google Maps terms and conditions and don't trace
> data into Open Street Map.."

So it's in quotation marks and it isn't at all presented as the author's
personal statement, it's what people sending "hate-mail" want him to
say. Putting that advice in the mouths of senders of hate-mail certainly
isn't what you do if you want to honestly want to warn people, is it?

To the same effect, he could have written "just ignore the naggers with
their legalities and trace away". It's only insignificantly more subtle
the way he phrases it.

Tobias Knerr