Hi all,

As far as I understand, there is a point that produces a lot of
headache, namely that the same piece of data may be secret and at the
same time clearly visible by anyone passing by. Say, the numbers of
military bases turn out to be secret (http://tinyurl.com/yaddwqg), but
at least some of them (in fact, quite a few) have the number written
at the entrance gate, which is outside the base and therefore normally
accessible.

Another issue which surprises me immensely is that in Russia a lot of
open (=not secret) data gathered together and structured may allegedly
result in secret data. Could anyone from, say, Germany or UK comment
on this?

--
Best regards,
Dmitry V. Granovsky