Alexandr Zeinalov wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Alexandr Zeinalov<shu...@sbin.ru>  wrote:
>>> Good day.
>>>
>>> You should know about flame war about military objects and government
>>> secrets in Russian OSM community. And you should know that any voting
>>> results may be considered as and only as recommendation, but not as
>>> invariable law.
>> At about 380 votes that's one active vote.. :-)  I wonder if anyone of
>> these people will register on the map page and map as well..
>
> Only 105 users voted, not 380. But there was 5 different questions and
> really 5 different votings.
>
> PS: Lots of them (who voted for untruth mapping for military) have real
> contribution to OSM. Yeah, it's real, but it's extremely less than
> contribution of opposition minority :)

Of cause what is missing here is that since this 'vote' was only in Russian
then
the vast majority of us would not even be able to vote anyway. There should
perhaps be a rule about needing all votes to carry an English translation,
since
the consensus IS that all tagging is carried out IN English. Getting changes to
the main tagging pages would have to be in English anyway? So is there any
validity to this vote anyway? The main definition of landuse should follow the
international standards, and that includes 'military' as a basic definition
anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL