As the original proposer of the destination_sign I think this is a
great example when the relation is useful. I assume there is some
roadsign before exit 91 that announces the upcoming exit. The
destination= of the relation would be what it says on the sign, which
could be a place or a road number.

It has been discussed weather the ref should be the ref of the
destination road after the junction. I belive there was no conclusion
and ref= is not specified on the wiki page. (And has only about 40
usages in destination_sign-relations worldwide)

So this exit [0] could have destination=51; Rothschield; Schofeild
and I guess that you could use ref=185 specifying the exit number.
[0]:
http://libertymaven.com/wp-content/uploads/highway_sign_misspellings_12719.png

Back at the RFC stage it was said that for signs with multiple
destinations multiple relations should be created, but my opinion now
is that a semicolon separated list is as good. (Or even better as it
keeps us from getting hideous amounts of relations in complex
crossings.)

In your case you would get 3 relations. I-70 to exit 91 (with
destination= according to the sign at I-70), exit 91 to exit 91A, and
exit 91 to exit 91B (with destination= accoring to the sign(s) at exit
91 before the 91A/B fork).

Konrad