* Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> [2010-04-28 17:52 +1000]:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Phil! Gold <phi...@pobox.com> wrote:
> >> Doesn't an "exit" exist independently of the sign? If so, is there a
> >> way to map it independently of a destination_sign?
> >
> > It does, but I don't see any better relation for it
>
> What about similar to a turn_restriction relation? I.e. with a "from"
> way, "via" node, and "to" way...
>
> You could use type=motorway_junction + ref=*, to be consistent with
> the existing highway=motorway_junction tagging.

Like I said, I don't feel entirely up to the task of suggesting additions
to OSM's tagging schemes yet, but that sounds like the best idea so far,
in terms of appropriateness to the actual data.

I guess I'll wait a few days and see if anyyone has any other suggestions.
If not, I'll start reading about the tagging proposal process on the wiki.

--- --
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at
once.  Space is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen
to you.