Stefan,

Stefan de Konink wrote:
Now I know who *not* to vote for, I kinda requested the opposite.

Even if we were to elect three ardent PD supporters, it is unlikely that they would be able to turn back the wheel on ODbL.

I think that the way forward for those preferring PD would be to support ODbL for now but at the same time urge the community to make a pro-PD statement in the course of the license transition.

If only a minority choose to make such a statement then the pro-PD faction is beaten. If a majority make such a statement then all the big talk about the importance of a share-alike license would lose credibility; we would still have the ODbL but we would know that a majority doesn't care which would influence the amount of work we'd put into implementing and enforcing the license.

In a, hypothetical, case where 90% of mappers express a pro-PD stance, we'd still have ODbL to please the minority but that would hardly be a mandate for OSMF to spend much resources on implementing and policing ODbL.

Bye
Frederik