Of course, like everyone else I tested out a route between home and work
(although not everyone gets to drive through rural Alberta).

It seems that the 'shortest route' is managing to mine out a route via
dusty sides streets and the like, however I would challenge the 'fastest
route'. The 'fastest' route suggested would actually take approximately
2hr 30min (instead of approx 2hr 10 turning west at Nanton to take 533 and
22).

I presume that it is factoring default speed limits for road types, and
hopefully allowing some adjustment for junctions/traffic signals/etc.

Would it be possible to indicate to assumed speed somehow (colourise the
track ala Josm?) so that glitches with the underlying data can be correct.

Perhaps another transport option of 'lead foot larry' is required ;-)
Simon

http://nroets.dev.openstreetmap.org/demo/?flat=51.104616684908&flon=-114.04399922361&tlat=49.565378951872&tlon=-114.29256489765&v=motorcar&fast=1&layer=mapnik