Hi,

Kai Krueger wrote:
That is an interesting line of argument and gets at the (usual) question of
how much end user support we want to provide. I.e. do we want to build a
routing service for anyone to use, or do we want to include routing on the
main page as an important debugging tool to ensure high quality routing data
for others to build upon.

Correct - almost. If we want to have routing as a debugging tool then it shold probably *not* be prominently placed on the main page but instead somewhere else where it is easily accessible to mappers but out of the way of the passing visitor.

(Also, having a really high-speed routing option can do a lot for debugging, e.g. you can automatically calculate matrices like Andy did for the US, and update them continuously.)

Bye
Frederik