Hi,

Serge Wroclawski wrote:
The question is: Is this okay?

I don't think there's a right/wrong answer here; I'm just curious
about people's opinions.

This question is discussed regularly. There are people who furiously defend one or the other method but in fact both are in widespread use.

My personal take is to view it topologically: if the parking lot in your example ends exactly where the building starts, so that if someone were to move one of the building's nodes it would be desirable to have the parking lot "adapt", then re-use the node.

If however the objects have been mapped at different times by different people and nobody has really paid attention to the relation between the two (i.e. there might just be a little grass strip or a fence between building and parking lot), then don't use the same nodes because that would be making a claim about the relation between the two which has no basis.

Bye
Frederik