Thanks for the ideas - the point below was raised by at least a couple of
people.

>*Bulk upload*

>That last one is the key to a successful project, in my opinion. It would be
>very nice if support for this "contributor-process" would be supported.

I've found a JavaScript library to do this - see the blog
http://www.free-map.org.uk/wordpress.

>I didn't visit SOTM, so this might be answered already, but how does this
>project differ from other openstreetmap based projects that also aims to
>collect a database of georeferenced photos? Is there a need for several
>similiar projects? (i haven't really looked at the other projects)

The main one I'm also aware of is OpenStreetView - however, this isn't so much
focused on off-road photos and has more of an emphasis on tagged photos.

OpenStreetView and OpenTrailView are working on different aspects of the same
sort of thing, so there's no reason they can't come together in the future.

Nick