2010/8/10 Jaak Laineste <jaak.laine...@gmail.com>:
>> I like this test because it will make things easy. No fuzzy shades of grey
>> like
>> some Richard is suggesting. Can you give an example of a thing that is done
>> by a
>> human being and that is not art by this definition?
>
>  Humans create many non-art things. For example databases it
> human-created items. Database of phone numbers of a telco operator,
> financial accounting database, state registry of roads.

+1

all of them should look exactly the same also if done by several (well
coordinated) people that work in collaboration. If they instead trace
a lake, river or forest from aerial imagery or from gpx-traces you
will get similar looking but completely different drawings (number and
position of individual nodes) by different people.

> If two persons
> are creating the same database, then only reason why there can be
> differences is that there there is clear mistake  in one of them,
> without any doubt.

valid for your examples and as long as it is only about "facts" and
not about interpretation or generalisation.

Cheers,
Martin