On 17.08.10 11:42, Malcolm Herring wrote:

> Since these tags relate to nodes not used by OpenStreetMap, "we" (i.e. the OSM
> community as a whole) do not have to decide on one scheme or another since it
> has no impact on the map.

-1.

Continuing dispute between the two groups (accompanied by re-tagging and vice
versa) makes it necessary to come to /one/ water-navigational schema that works
for everybody, everywhere. It makes no sense to have different taggings for the
same tons and the same lighthouses. "We" need one such thing to end the dispute
(once and forever; no more "our tagging is better") and become productive (get
nice renderers, get nice editors etc.).

/al