At 2010-08-17 14:10, Liz wrote:
On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Peter Wendorff wrote:
> It's the same question in other cases, too:
> - post offices as service of normal shops
> vs. selling office stuff as service of post offices
> - kind of shops inside shops, in Germany e.g. Tchibo deals with that
> business model a lot; the real supermarkets include pharmacys quite often
> - a butcher inside a supermarket - or a butcher selling spices, cheese
> etc., too.

It is very common where I travel for shops to be multipurpose.
I understand that we are restricted by the API to a single value...

NAFAIK, if I understand you correctly. That's what semi-colons are for. In the US, for what we have traditionally called "drugstores", most of which were gobbled up into the super-chains Walgreen's, CVS/pharmacy, and Rite-Aid, I tag:

amenity=pharmacy
dispensing=yes
shop=chemist;stationery;convenience

--