I've been working on getting points mapped and shown on an image in an
openoffice document.

I'm asking with the list to see if I can get some ideas or if this is
already done somewhere, perhaps I can avoid reinventing the wheel.

Basically I'm using the method described
here<http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=14979&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0>to
load an image from a URL into a document as a bitmap.  What I'd like
do is use GPS coordinates from a database and show a few on each page mapped
as a group.  It's just an address list that shows all points on the map.

A few ideas I have...
1) Look around for sample code to determine the tiles and zoomlevels that
would holds the bounds I'd need to show all points in my set.  I'd still
have to figure out how to draw another image on top putting the points on
the right spot as well as how to make sure the images line up if I need
several tiles.

2) Find some sort of online API or website that will let me give it a set of
points by encoding them into a URL and then download an image.

I tried playing around with GPSvisualizer since waypoints can be put into
the URL but the result is a full webpage with layers and javascript, not a
simple image.  I tried the JPEG export options but that doesn't allow an OSM
background for whatever reason.

3) Find some sample javascript that does exactly what I need and get that to
run in Openoffice as a macro since javascript is supported.

So it seems my best options are #2 and #3.  Maybe someone already knows
where there's already a service or code to do close to what I need.  Any
other suggestions are appreciated as well.

Thanks,
-Don.