Hi,

john whelan wrote:
Perhaps recognise that OSM is changing and developing in ways it's creators never intended? I'm currently looking at a project that uses data that is not cc-by-ca by any means however it can be imported into an OSM file format and use the OSM tool set to basically create a stand alone DVD that is a searchable map visible on a lap top. It isn't OSM but does use the tool set.

That's great but if someone uses OSM software for something that is not OSM, that can hardly be counted as a sign that "OSM is changing", right?

Applications such as routers need the roads, footpaths etc. joined together, this a different standard of quality than was expected in the beginning.

That's widely acknowledged, especially in places with high population density (and therefore many people who want a working router).

I think we need to concede that parts of the world with lower population densities need different approaches than just a cyclist making multiple GPS passes and noting the street names down can provide.

Nothing of what you said before leads to this conclusion, and nothing of what you said has to do with Matt's message to which you replied.

Bye
Frederik