On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Apollinaris Schoell <ascho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 Nov 2010, at 8:09 , Serge Wroclawski wrote:

>>> Actually...
>>> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-us/2010-July/003761.html
>>
>> Epic trolls don't count.
>>

> he is not a troll and has never been.
> who are you to call someone a troll because you don't agree?

I'm someone who reads the lists and see that Anthony says things which
are patently untrue, or uses a tone of fact when it's just
speculation, or just takes up a contrary position when there's no
issue.

>> And I'd consider that vandalism.
>
> I consider it improving osm by a human mapper according the spirit of the
> project instead a container full of imports with not much value. If a human
> surveys on ground or based on personal knowledge and image tracing it has 100
> times more value than any imported data

We're not talking about human surveyed data- that is already addressed
by tiger_reviewed- we're talking about disassociating the original
feature from an import from its current incarnation. This doesn't
improve anything, it just makes it harder to associate the data from
the source.

Also, in the case of image tracing, one is recommended to mention a
source= tag. Not everyone does that all the time (I don't do it often,
when I should), but the idea there is the same- to illustrate the data
lineage.

- Serge