Hi,

On 11/09/2010 11:57 AM, Lester Caine wrote:
For now, I suggest that you keep your separate database. You can link
your objects to OSM objects by their ID if you want, and process the
daily change files to be alerted of changes in the objects of interest
to you.

So you are advocating that we all create our own private versions of OSM
with our own data in them?

No, it would be perfectly ok for someone to create a "history OSM" server that others interested in the same could then use, maybe even as a testbed while developing new tools that can actually handle such data.

Bye
Frederik