> One rule: no JOSM. I have a preference for online tools if
possible.

Thanks to RichardF's help on irc I can confirm that I've managed to
display one of the waypoint files from my GT31 as a background
vector layer in Potlatch 2.

I uploaded the .gpx file to my own website and added crossdomain.xml
as per wiki instructions (and RichardF's reminder). I then renamed
the .gpx as .xml as my web host was blocking the file as an unknown
file extension and it was easier to rename than define .gpx (though
I did try).

If you want to test then use this link for an instance of Potlatch
2:
http://random.dev.openstreetmap.org/potlatch2/potlatch2.html?lat=52.
323538300&lon=-1.939108300
and select
http://www.loach.me.uk/test.xml
as the background layer file (GPX format). It contains only one
waypoint (M000).

I'll remove the test files in a day or two, for those reading this
belatedly (or from the archives)...

Ed