On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Stephan Knauss <o...@stephans-server.de> wrote:
> On 18.12.2010 10:36, Fabio Alessandro Locati wrote:
>>
>> I've written a tool to check the amount of object versions available
>> for relicensing.
>
> Is this using a full history as a source? What assumptions do you take to
> declare an element "ready"?
Yes, it use full history. I'm not speaking of objects, but versions,
so I do not take any assumption over the 'readiness' of an object, I
only count how many objects versions did any user and sum them up ;).

> Statistics based on a current dump are already available a while. Original
> script by Hanno Hecker, some improvements from my side produces a statistic
> like this:
> http://downloads.osm-tools.org/check-odbl-th-20101211.html
I know there are different tools for this (there is also the colored
map ;)), but my tool does divide people based on where the edit are.
This is useful to say like: if XYZ will accept CT/ODbL, my area will
be ok :). I'm now working on other countintents and to be able to
provide more geographically limited data. Like based on administrative
border 4/6. My tool is aiming to make easier to understand how is
majorly making the ODbL map [1] red in a given state ;).

PS: Maybe we could create a wiki-page to collect all this tools :)

[1] http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/
--
Fabio Alessandro Locati

Home: Segrate, Milan, Italy (GMT +1)
Phone: +39-328-3799681
MSN/Jabber/E-Mail: fabioloc...@gmail.com

PGP Fingerprint: 5525 8555 213C 19EB 25F2  A047 2AD2 BE67 0F01 CA61

Involved in: KDE, OpenStreetMap, Ubuntu, Wikimedia