On 20 December 2010 12:53, David Murn <da...@incanberra.com.au> wrote:
> Because of the impossibility to be able to distinguish whats what, any
> user who has ever made a change in this situation will have to have all
> their edits removed from the system, to avoid any possibility that one
> edit might infringe the rights of another source.

Well, no actually.  In my case I've been around doing this for long
enough that a lot of my work was from before nearmap showed up.  And
even after then, I've kept a good record of what I did with and
without them, in the changeset notes, and also because I know where
I've been, and what I did while editing those areas.  If I'm unsure,
I'd throw it away, but I've got a lot of good data I'd like to keep.

I must admit, however, that basically handing the keys to the OSMF,
which is what the new CT's amount to, is not filling me with joy
considering their track record to date. I'm willing to do a certain
amount of work to make sure the data I've provided over the years
isn't lost, but if they jerk me around too much or make it too hard
I'll just write it off as a loss and spend my free time somewhere it's
appreciated.

Stephen