hello:thanks for the hint.in any case, I dont think it's a good idea to remove
unused nodes which are extremely recent.
regards--oscar
--- On Sun, 1/9/11, Matt Amos <zerebub...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Matt Amos <zerebub...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] To those who remove dupe nodes
To: "Oscar Orbe" <oskaro...@yahoo.com>
Cc: talk@openstreetmap.org
Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 1:54 PM

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Oscar Orbe <oskaro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear list
> I am uploading some landuse polygons and sometimes I get the error that says
> something like "that node does not exist".
> I think there are people removing unused nodes too fast.
> Perhaps those people can change their algorithms so that they only remove
> unused nodes whose age is at least 24 hours for example??? so they wont
> interrupt uploading processes...

hi oscar. are you using diff uploads to create the polygons? if so, it
would be a good idea to group the uploaded ways and relations for the
polygon along with the nodes it needs. this would mean that such an
error wouldn't occur. i seem to remember that this was done for the
french corrine import and maybe it would be a good idea to talk to
them about good techniques for doing this before going any further?

cheers,

matt