On 17/01/11 10:05, Patrick Kilian wrote:

> Following a similar discussion in september 2009 I wrote the following
> email to the tah mailing list:
>
> | Ok, I just finished the shell script which generates the mapkey.
> |
> | If you are interested in the osmarender map key please have a look at:
> | http://www.petschge.de/osm/mapkey.tgz
> | The tarball contains the shellscript, the generated osm file and the
> | generated png files. The names of the pngfiles match the names from the
> | mapnik map key. A few icons (like cable.png) are missing because they
> | don't fit in the bounding box. I'll see what I can do there. Patches and
> | improvements are welcome, especially suggestions which features to
> | incorporate.

Cool. I've deployed that.

Somebody really needs to review what zoom levels things appear at
though, and supply patched for config/key.yml to reflect that. Also some
things change appearance at low zoom (for example railways look
different at z13 and below) so could do with having multiple images and
patches for config/key.yml to select the right ones.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/