Hi all,
  I wonder if anyone has ever made an OSM editor which is not
map-based, for just editing tags on objects.

For example, I want to update the "network" tag on 4 long-distance
walking track relations in New Zealand. Using Potlatch 2, that's
pretty tedious: navigate to each one, start the editor, open the
relation, modify it, save, etc etc. Whereas assuming I already have
the relation IDs, I could do all this with some kind of spreadsheet
view.

(Actually that makes me think of some kind of solution: the ability to
export and import all the tags of a given object or objects. Does that
exist in some easy form, like a REST interface?)

I think a tool like this would help to maintain consistent tags across
geographically separated objects.

Thanks,
Steve