On 06.02.2011 21:14, Anthony wrote:
What are the restrictions on the use of the API?  Are we allowed to
store results?

I'm not a lawyer, but the current TOU seam not to allow it to be used in our editors.

It says "use in a non-commercial editor application of OpenStreetMap maps"

JOSM is GPL. That is not non-commercial.
Merkaator is GPL. That is not non-commercial.
Potlatch (2) is GPL. That is not non-commercial.
Mapzen is GPL. That is not non-commercial.

Did Bing want to say it's not allowed to charge users for the possibility to use the API? Or it's not allowed to pay users for tracing roads using this API? Then you should write it like this.

Stephan