On 08.02.2011 22:32, Stephan Knauss wrote:
sounds fine, but I experience that some high resolution images look just
like overzoomed lower resolution images.

That's true. I gave another example.

Interpolation can also be done in JOSM. I would be interested in the
real image resolution.
This might need more than just detecting the existing of tiles in
specific zoom levels. Any idea on how to have users vote on the
resolution experienced?

I doubt that the "experienced" resolution will be much more accurate... another possibility is to measure the sharpness of images algorithmically. Altogether, there's a lot of image processing applications I could think of related to aerial imagery (cloud detection, analysis of distinct photographs, automatic tracing...). That, however, is worth another application.

cheers
ant