On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:43:42 -0500
Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Joseph Reeves
> <iknowjos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But that's got nothing to do with the licensing change - that's an
> > issue of you ripping off Google Maps.
>
> It has nothing at all to do with me ripping off Google Maps.  And
> regardless of the *reason* the contributions are deleted, the *impact*
> is going to be the same.
>
> Bottom line, due to the board's utter lack of comprehension with
> regard to copyright law, they have deemed it necessary to decimate the
> map.  That's true of the ODbL switch, and that's true of the deletion
> of my contributions.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=28.0748&lon=-82.5394&zoom=14&layers=M

I don't think it is related to copying from google maps either.
I have had public and private correspondence with a mapper who had
copied inaccurate stuff from GoogleMaps from his armchair in another
continent. After months Australian mappers have removed most of the
tainted data from the Australian continent because the mapper was not
able / willing to do so. It required two public challenges to get
action on the matter.
Other work by that mapper covers other areas well away from his home
and is also likely to have had the same source- could the Board please
just remove all that mappers edits too?