On 11/02/2011 00:07, Dermot McNally wrote:
I think the theory is that if you have already done the hard work of
zooming in, the next guy won't have to because he'll see the coloured
tiles at that location.

if someone has to do that first to highlight the data that's already there, then I think it's even less worthy than I thought before.

So it's quite a valid bit of crowd-sourcing,
if we accept that the end result is worth having.
As I said that info is already available

The end result being
that the whole world appears in _some_ colour, even at very low zoom.

At what zoom level to I have to be at to view an already zoomed in area to view dark blue (z20)?

I'm trying, but still failing to see the benefit in this.