Am 21.02.2011 17:10, schrieb Mike N:
The track loads in JOSM, and I would like to write a plugin to allow
selection of frames from the track, as well as highlight the track
location based on the video location.  I was going to take the simplest
route however - the result might work only in Windows; I'm not sure
there is a Java cross-platform media interface/control library.
I''m working on this plugin. Unfortunatly there are still some issues so I would call it beta.

What works for me fine is a second PC with VLC videoplayback to avoid context switchs between 2 apps. This works great with BING for orientation.

"risky" areas sounds interesting. Might be a nice idea for the upcomming
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/How_do_you_map_in ;)

cheers
Matthias