On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 03:45 -0800, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Joseph Reeves wrote:
> > without explaining in layman's terms what this means.
>
> http://old.opengeodata.org/2008/01/07/the-licence-where-we-are-where-were-going/index.html
>
> Follow-ups to legal-talk please, so that those here who have made their mind
> up one way or the other don't have to read the whole caboodle all over
> again.

What about the important reading who those havent made up their mind, or
are worried about their liability if they agree to be bound by the new
licence?

Maybe what is needed, is a list for these discussions, which isnt so
legal-focused, so that the laymen can actually understand what theyre
involved in, or maybe instead of 100 people telling someone off for
asking a question, one person could give a clear and precise answer and
nip these threads in the bud from the start.

Honestly, I couldnt give a rats rear-end if someone thinks that
subsection 3.7b(c) should have its own title, or that the wording of
'OSM user' should be changed to 'OSM contributor' or the like.  Whether
that is what is discussed on legal-talk, I dont know as I dont
subscribe, but given its name, its only natural to assume so.. What I
care about is the big picture of what will happen to all our data and
the project in general, looking toward the future.  Given the entire
project will undergo massive sweeping changes in only 3 weeks, shouldnt
this issue be at the forefront of current OSM discussions, or will
people start trying to sort out the problems after theyve happened,
rather than stopping them in the first place?

Im as tired as anyone about these endless threads, but until someone is
prepared to give some clear cut answers to peoples simple honest
questions, I fear they'll continue.  Some have tried to give helpful
answers, but others seem to get off on playing the power game and
achieve nothing but division within our community.

David