2011/3/31 Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org>:
> Having said that, there's the important issue of human contributors adding
> value to the imports: adding metadata, removing stale data, improving
> geometry. Those are real human contributions that would not have occurred if
> it weren't for the import happening first.

+1
And with the time, the original imports will more and more (given an
active community) fade towards cloudbased human mapping.

I also don't share the fear that there will on the long run a growing
amount of imports but rather guess that imports will become less,
because it becomes always more complicated to import stuff, when half
of it is already present in OSM, while it was easy to import into an
empty map.

cheers,
Martin