Where to start. There's the obvious ones like most active contributor per
region, first 100 nodes / ways (that persist), one /two/five-year
contribution anniversary, first dog waste disposal bag dispenser in your
home town, etc.
Also: badges tied to project of the week. The "World Mapper" badge for
mapping on all continents.

One of the many challenges with badges is that you want to encourage
*quality* mapping, not just quantity. Listen to the 'competition' episode of
  This Developer's Life podcast[1] to hear what StackOverflow's Jeff Atwood
has to say on the matter.

I intend to do a talk at SOTM on the topic.

[1] http://thisdeveloperslife.com/post/1-1-3-competition

Much inspiration to be taken from StackOverflow.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Ian Dees <ian.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> but
>> >
>> > Everyone can setup planet mirror and calculate any satistics. Just for
>> > example: http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?xybot
>> > No need to overload main OSM servers with extra statitic calculation.
>>
>> Sure. But I would love to see more detailed stats, and awards/badges
>> integrated into user pages.
>> There are easy ways to do this on non-osmf servers, and integrate into
>> user pages.
>>

> What kind of awards/badges can you think of to offer?

Martijn van Exel
http://about.me/mvexel