On 19 Apr 2011, at 01:15, David Murn wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 11:53 -0700, Steve Coast wrote:
>> ...which is ignoring the 70% or so of all of those people who never
>> edited and can be switched over without incident.
>
> That sounds like the thinking of the parties in a real vote, 'if
> everyone who didnt vote, voted for us, we would have wiped the floor'
> Changing that 70% doesnt have any 'incident' but they can hardly be
> counted has casting their vote either way.  This means that if 30% are
> active users, 3.8% means just over 12% of people have voted.

The thing you're not understanding is that this isn't a vote.  It's an
agreement to distribute your work under a new license.  That 70% *have* agreed
to distribute their work under the new license.  It is entirely valid for the
camp that wants to move to the ODbL sooner rather than later to count the 70%
in their stats, because accepting the new license is all that matters, not some
imaginary war between "yes" and "no".

Bob