Elizabeth,

I don't see David's comments as constructive. Terms like "consulting
the community" is quite vague and Steve has said that many of his
prior efforts to consult the community end in flame wars.

Now let me give it a try: I think the OSMF should make (more) use of
polling. Not for everything. But once or twice a year would be a nice
way to involve the community.

Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> There is hardly any part of OSM that is not open for you to participate;

Note that open IRC is the Internet equivalent to the town hall
meetings. In some instances they work well. But it is remarkably easy
for one grouping to impose their will on the community.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Town_hall_meeting

OSMville is already the size of a small city and many of us do not
have English as a first language. Town hall meetings cannot be the
only way to involve the community.

Regards,
Nic