Lennard <l...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > I could not really help you (i don't know your region, but  as i can see
> > (using JOSM) there is no admin relation in this area, so few clues to
> > help nomatim to find location.
>
> The entire Netherlands is covered by admin relations. Of course,
> occasionally, these get broken. Also, not every admin_level=10 is there
> yet. Up to z8 is complete, barring broken data.
>
> The municipality is here:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/188858

OK, that's the admin relation Nominatim used to "link" the request
street to "Peel en Maas".

> However, we don't have an admin_level=10 relation for the town called
> Helden,

Yes just a node "place=village" that Nominatim could nt link to the
requested street.

> on account of the municipality not giving us their boundaries
> yet.

I hope you could get them soon.
In france, not all town has it's boundary but some regions are quite
complete.

We used admin_level=8 for municipality and level=10 is almost not used
(not in my region) and according to the "wiki" must be used for suburb‹
in big town.

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange
OSM experiences : <http://www.leretourdelautruche.com/map/>