Hi,

Josh Doe wrote:
That got me wondering about adding the possibility to share posts with
Facebook/Twitter/etc, and then even allowing login to OSM with
Facebook/OpenID, and who knows what else.

Well I'd say that OpenID is enough. And there's an OpenID branch of the Rails Port that already goes so some length supporting that.

I know we need to be careful
about not trying to implement a full blown blogging platform, but I
think it's important to have some of these features.

We might also go in the other direction, acknowledge that we're not a blogging platform, and try for better integration with sites that are... new users already seem to be quite confused by the multitude of options to express oneself in OSM.

Bye
Frederik