Hi,

Mike N wrote:
Facebook is imho less likely, as as far as I know, it uses a proprietary
protocol and so I would be less enthused to support that.

It depends on the type of mapper we're trying to attract. Using the Facebook login will be the simplest possible way to get started for many people.

I agree with Kai that supporting proprietary data-gathering platforms like Facebook would be very low on my list, or maybe even actively opposed by me.

Also, don't misunderstand how the OpenID login works - you will still have to create an account with OSM, it's only that your everyday login will be simplified. So anyone for whom the signup is an insurmountable hurdle will not join - whether we support OpenID or not.

Bye
Frederik