Stephen Hope writes:
 > I keep hearing this, but I must be weird, because I had the opposite
 > reaction both when I first started and when I show somebody how to use
 > it.  I took one look at Potlatch and thought "I want something that
 > works offline to test with, with a save button when I'm happy". I'm
 > much happier teaching with JOSM than P2. I didn't use Potlatch for at
 > least a year after I started.

I always started people off with JOSM, back when it was my job. It's
faster and more productive teaching people when you don't have to wait
for uncertain bandwidth to download your data. And I don't like how
everything is bound to the left button.

That said, JOSM has many usability issues. I keep threatening to
rewrite it in a modern progamming language like Python, but it's got
HUGE functionality behind those usability problems.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog