On 07/06/11 11:46, Ed Avis wrote:

However, I would suggest that this is not a particularly hard problem to solve;
the editor can hide all nodes with a certain tag or put them in a different
layer.  Currently, available editors don't do that.  The question is whether to
forbid tagging airspace (or water pipes, or contour lines, or whatever) for the
time being until editor support is available for keeping the work separate - or
whether to let it be for now and wait for editors to catch up in due course.

Why only those two options? Why not just decide that we're not interested in airspace, or water pipes, or contour lines?

Contour lines certainly are, like airspace, something that we're always said we don't think is appropriate.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/