----- Original Message ----- From: "Geza Gyuk" <gg...@adlerplanetarium.org>
To: <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:10 PM
Subject: [OSM-talk] tile downloads

Hi,

I'm a little unclear if this is the method I should be using to ask about acceptable use of the tile.openstreetmap.org server, but here goes:

The Adler Planetarium runs a high altitude ballooning program for kids and when we are out in the field chasing and retrieving the balloon we need the ability to plot the current location on a locally served map. I'd like to use the tiles (down to zoom level 15 but no further) for the regions that the balloon usually travels over. We are a non-profit with limited resources and this would be a one-time download of something on the order of 1GB of tiles. It could be done over a period of a week or two.
Does this qualify as acceptable use? Or should I install Mapnik etc.?

Maybe Maperetive might fit you needs

http://maperitive.net/

David

Thanks,

--Geza Gyuk

Geza Gyuk
Department of Astronomy
Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum
gg...@adlerplanetarium.org

Make a gift today to support the renovation of the Sky Theater and help the Adler secure a challenge grant from The Kresge Foundation!
http://www.adlerplanetarium.org/newskytheater