TimSC wrote:
Richard, can't we just live and let live? You're profile has the wise
words to avoid "endless discussions" and go do stuff. I think it is
possible since we recently dropped a discussion that was going nowhere,
at your suggestion [5]. I respected your request - live and let live. I
am not asking you to do much - I am just asking for you to lay off, please.

I will happily withdraw when you decouple your threat to damage the map of Great Britain, by withdrawing your contributions, from the separate issue of OSM governance.

There is certainly a debate to be had about OSM governance. It is something that I've discussed with numerous people for many months. I have several times gone on the record as saying that there are aspects of OSMF's behaviour that I have found perplexing at best and irresponsible at worst.

This is a big debate, and needs to be approached carefully, not rushed. Yet Phase 4 of the relicensing starts next week. The governance debate will clearly not be concluded by then. Your fellow British mappers need clarity about whether to start remapping the areas where you have contributed.

You have stated that you support a public domain licence:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2010-April/003273.html
["We would be better serviced in our project goals by a simpler license i.e. a public domain-like license... legal problems are almost inevitable with any share-alike license"]

I also support public domain. I have placed my edits in the public domain, and therefore cannot disagree with these Contributor Terms or indeed any non-exclusive terms. I would presume you, as a PD supporter, would do the same.

You have not yet done so. Instead, you have linked your acceptance of ODbL+CT to issues of OSM governance.

You are the only one in the 30 most active contributors to Britain not to have accepted or declined ODbL+CT, and one of just three in the 100 most active. If you really want a debate about OSMF governance untainted by other considerations, please accept or decline the Contributor Terms.

Richard