Am 17.06.2011 16:39, schrieb andrzej zaborowski:

2. What happens if a person in country A with database rights
publishes a tileset and licenses it under CC-By-SA to a person in
country B without database rights?  The second person is then as far
as I can see not bound by database rights or a contract.  Is that
incorrect?

I'm sure that our legal experts will step in if this isn't correct :-).

While in your example the person in country B can probably legally ignore the terms of the ODBL (publisher in A however must include a notice pointing to the ODBL and so on), it doesn't make a database generated from that tileset "legal" in country A. Since at least most European countries (this is very generalised) consider an Internet publication the same as a national publication, any publisher of such a database would have to take precautions to block access in the EU (and countries with similar database protection regulations) or risk getting in to trouble.

Simon