Hi,

On 06/22/11 02:15, David Murn wrote:
Im pretty sure that 99.5% of users would never be sued if they put an
OSM map onto their website without proper attribution too, that doesnt
mean that we shouldnt talk about it, or move the conversation to some
obscure list where even the name is enough to scare interested people
away.

Discussion about what kind of attribution is adequate is a typical legal-talk topic. That legal-talk was "some obscure list" is entirely in your head and has no basis in reality. The only people who cannot make the distinction are those who - mistakenly - believe that just because something is important to them it must be important to everyone.

I for one am interested to know the answer to these sorts of questions,

Great. Read legal-talk then.

Bye
Frederik