Toby Murray wrote:
> User balrog-kun has explicitly declined the license. He ran a bot
> that expanded abbreviations in TIGER street names in the western
> US which means that virtually every named street west of the
> Mississippi shows up as "tainted" in P2.
>
> *BUT*
>
> He has explicitly stated multiple times that he intends for these
> bot edits to be relicensed under ODbL. So if balrog-kun is the
> only declining user to have touched a road, there is no need to
> replace it.

We could, I think, do with a public whitelist of such cases.

It could encompass situations such as balrog-kun's, where (AIUI) all his
edits within a certain bbox are relicensable.

It could also list those few users who have declined the Contributor Terms,
but who have also publicly stated that they claim no rights in their
contributions and therefore are happy for them to be relicensed. TimSC is
perhaps the most obvious example, and I think someone mentioned Florian
Lohoff too.

> The "ODBL coverage" map ( http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/
> map/ ) takes this into account but P2 does not.

P2 just displays whatever WTFE (http://wtfe.gryph.de/) tells it. Any issue
needs to be solved at the WTFE level.

cheers
Richard