On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No - his ways are parallel to the actual paved and unpaved roads. They were
> added solely to make the words render. (The road is from the 2007 TIGER
> import.) I'm not judging him; I just find it amusing.

Has anyone come up with a proposal for how to seriously handle these
kinds of cartographic hints? Perhaps they shouldn't be in the OSM
database proper, but there are lots of kinds of information like that
that would be nice to display on a map (particularly a printed one)
where some thought needs to go into where to locate it.

Lots of examples here:

http://www.street-directory.com.au/sd3/map.php?x=144.96985746468076&y=-37.86502964324507&l=13&mt=4

Steve