Van: Stephan Knauss [mailto:o...@stephans-server.de]
Verzonden: Thursday, September 08, 2011 10:32 AM
Aan: Simon Poole
CC: talk@openstreetmap.org
Onderwerp: Re: [OSM-talk] user rankings

Simon Poole writes:

> We naturally already have fairly extensive user rankings, see odbl.de.
This is a ranking which counts who was the last one touching an object.
As
Maurizio already pointed out this is not too meaningful as it says
nothing
about the quality of edits.

If I want to have a higher rank I simply select some big polygon and
move
it a few centimeters. Or write a script that inserts a new node in the
middle of existing nodes of a way. You push up your rank without
creating
more value.

So taking into account other metrics to calculate the merit sounds
reasonable. Actually going outside to add street names is with the
current
metric less valuable than armchair mapping roads from bing.
Merit has to take into account the time effort donated to OSM in some
way.

Stephan