On 8 Sep 2011, at 22:39, SomeoneElse wrote:

> Thomas Davie wrote:
>
> Would it be possible to include a link to an example roundabout in OSM?
> Within the UK there seems to be a variety of tagging approaches, everything
> from not tagging flares to tagging individual roundabout lanes.
>
> I'm guessing that you're using an mkgmap-generated map, in which case there
> are options that alter roundabout handling (including the delightfully named
> "--frig-roundabouts").
>
> The problem that usually gets me is miscounting exits (when two exits'
> adjacent flares share the same node), but late announcment of exit number can
> also be annoying.
>
> By the way, if you are using mkgmap then you might want to have a look on
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/mkgmap-dev - that's where most
> mkgmap discussion takes place.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

My apologies, it appears my initial in-the-car guess at what was causing the
GPS to have a spaz was incorrect, sorry, I should have checked first...

This is one of the roundabouts that caused the issue when approaching from the
north on the A9:
Shortlink

Clearly it's not the issue with flares that I described, as the A9 is a dual
carriageway at that point, and the approaches are not tagged as part of the
roundabout.  I wonder what could be causing this then?

The particular conversion I was using was taken from here
http://talkytoaster.info/ukmaps.htm.

Does anyone see what might be going on?

Thanks

Tom Davie