On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 10:49 +0200, Erik Johansson wrote:
> > 90% of my mapping is in such areas - gps, josm and repeated visits
> > the area are needed. Camera and laser range finder are a plus.
>
> Do you actually use an laser range finder, isn't that a bit hard to
> use? I would really like to hear how you use it, if not an extensive
> exposé then a shor one. :-)

it is dead easy - just point it at the target and click - it gives the
distance. At over 150 metres, a tripod helps, unless you have very
steady hands. It is useful for getting the exact dimensions of buildings
or golf greens. These can then be plotted in josm using the measurement
tool.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves