On 23.09.2011 00:24, Frederik Ramm wrote:
streaming way of combining the blocks.

Yeah, it's a bit annoying that you have the tiles in one folder and the merged file in another, which takes up double disk space for the same data. But I believe with a little modification it might also be possible to merge tiles into the target file (database, whatever) one after another. That however requires an extension of the file format (database scheme), because way nodes need this extra atttribute "tile number" (in the XML tiles I already introduced <nd ref="..." tn="..."/>).

cheers
ant