Am 05.10.2011 13:18, schrieb Pieren:
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Richard Fairhurst<rich...@systemed.net>  wrote:
c) Add a short stub and "fixme=incomplete".
or
d) Add a short stub tagged "highway=path"
Well, I think, c is containing the highway=path tag additionally (plus fixme=incomplete).
And I agree with Richard here.
Out of the highway=stub you propose (without fixme) nobody can read that it is incomplete yet. The knowledge about a missing street in the map is better than not knowing about it - at least in my eyes.
b) is also valid. I'm not tagging all post boxes during my surveys.
I'm not tagging all pharmacies, shops, bus stops, drive-through, lits,
barriers. Finally I'm ignoring many many things during my mapping
sessions. I just guess that the next mapper will compare the present
data with its own survey and add what he thinks is important to add
(or replace). Myself I'm adding many missing footpaths or even streets
in areas already surveyed by 2 or 3 persons and I'm not blaming my
predecessors for these missing things. Hopefully I'm not just checking
the FIXME's to find incomplete stuff.
I think, that's totally fine in these cases. Adding a fixme for a missing post box is useless - adding the postbox itself is not more work than adding the fixme (except you don't know the tagging). But that's not true for the way stub examples before or any other stuff, that can not be tagged as a node or similar simple.

regards
Peter